[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIs-nmZwSHs&w=640&h=360]JOIN OUR NORTH BALI DURIAN RETREAT!! DATES: 19-25 February 2018 RETREAT LOCATION: Northern Bali Join the facebook group for all the info!
– Calories: 277
– Carbs: 75 grams
– Fiber: 7 grams
– Protein: 2 grams
– Potassium: 20% of the RDI
– Magnesium: 14% of the RDI
– Iron: 5% of the RDI
– Vitamin B6: 12% of the RDI
– Manganese: 15% of the RDI
– Copper: 18% of the RDI
Additionally, dates are an excellent source of antioxidants. Specifically, these are the most powerful, according to Healthline,
“Flavonoids: Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation and have been studied for their potential to reduce the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and certain types of cancer.
Carotenoids: Carotenoids are proven to promote heart health and may also reduce the risk of eye-related disorders, such as macular degeneration.
Phenolic acid: Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, phenolic acid may help lower the risk of cancer and heart disease”
Top Health Benefits of Dates
– Dates are packed with potassium, a nutrient which lowers the risk of stroke by up to 40 percent and improves overall function of the nervous system.
– The high phosphorus content improves brain function.
– Dates are high in calcium, a mineral which treats diarrhea.
– Dates contain zeaxanthin and lutein which improve vision and prevent age-related macular damage.
– Dates support weight loss by creating a feeling of fullness.
– Soak dates in goat milk, add honey and cardamom, and consume on daily basis to improve libido and sex life.
– Dates are extremely beneficial during pregnancy, relieve pain during the process of delivery, reduce bleeding, and prevent postpartum depression.
– Soak dates overnight and blend them in the morning. Use daily to improve heart health!
– Thanks to their high fiber content, dates improve digestive health and suppress appetite.
– As one of the best iron sources, dates are great in treating anemia.
– Dates are rich in magnesium, a mineral which lowers blood pressure levels.
– Last but not least, dates detoxify the body, boost the metabolism, treat constipation and improve function of the intestinal tract.
Five Ways to Eat Dates
– Stuff ‘em: fills them with the “ideal mixture” of crushed walnuts, almonds and pistachios with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
– Drink ‘em: Yvonne Maffei, founder of the My Halal Kitchen blog, combines dates and whole milk to produce a thick, creamy milkshake. Her two suggestions: use a strong blender, and serve it fresh. “It’s an interesting and fun way to incorporate dates,” she says.
– Bake ‘em: In cookies, cakes, bread, pies, and cupcakes.
– Chop ‘em: Chop or slice pitted dates and throw them into salads, on sandwiches or as garnish on pasta.
– Puree ‘em: Date sauces can be served with any kind of meat, especially chicken or fish.
Before the discovery of penicillin, no effective treatment was available for infections such as pneumonia. It wasn’t until 1928, when Alexander Fleming noticed that the “mold” growing in his petri dish was killing the Staphylococcus bacteria, that penicillin came to be. However,the excessive use of antibiotics in humans and farm animals can drive drug-resistant bacteria to thrive.
It has been studied that bacteria have, now, been growing resistant to antibiotics that have been used time and time again. Not only that, many antibiotics are shown to have severe adverse effects, and have even led to death.
How to Use Garlic for bacterial or viral infections
This garlic oil ointment, also known as GOOT, is great for helping with bacterial or viral infections and fungus.
Garlic is probably nature’s most potent food.
Scientifically known as Allium sativa, garlic has been famous throughout history for its ability to fight off viruses and bacteria.
Allicin is the compound providing the largest range of garlic’s health benefits. Allicin also does not occur in garlic cloves, but is produced when garlic is finely chopped or crushed.
By chopping garlic more finely, more allicin may be produced. Pressing garlic or mincing it into a smooth paste will give you the strongest flavor and may also result in the highest amount of allicin.
Countless studies have shown that this compound is a potent antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant, which is why it’s so good at preventing and treating disease.
– 5 Fresh Peeled Garlic Cloves
– 3 Tbs. Coconut oil
– 2 Tbs. Olive oil
– Warm Coconut oil.
– Add Olive oil.
– Crush or mince garlic cloves. Add to the mixture
– Let sit for 30 minutes. Strain out garlic. Retain oil and place in jar.
How to use:
– Put in and around ears for ear infection
– Rub on chest for coughs or colds or pneumonia
– Garlic might help prevent hair loss! Massage garlic oil into scalp.
– Rub into nostrils for sinus infection
– Apply to athletes foot or jock itch on infected area.
While millions of people with tattoos have MRIs every year without side effects, some adverse reactions have been reported, including a pulling sensation on tattooed skin because tattoo ink can contain pigments that are magnetic and interact with the MRI’s strong magnetic fields.
If harmful DDT exposures occur at times when breast tissue is rapidly changing, such as during puberty, they impact breast development in ways that can later result in cancer, the study author said.
Bullying was more likely to occur in families with three or more children, and the eldest child or older brothers were more often the bullies. Female children and younger children were more often targeted.
If you can have a good relationship, you probably have good interpersonal skills. And if you get along well with your partner, you’re probably less likely to get into a fight with your boss or a friend.
There’s really no one-size-fits-all time for resuming sexual activity. The six-week guideline seems widely accepted, but researchers were not able to find evidence to support it.
The longer medical marijuana had been legal, the less likely teens were to use pot.
Among more than 700 infants in seven countries, the researchers didn’t find any measurable neurodevelopmental or behavioral problems up to the age of 5.
Last year the 72-year-old, 6-foot 3-inch Trump weighed 239 pounds, but in a year he has gained 4 pounds and is now 243 pounds. That puts him at a body mass index of 30.4, which crosses the 30 BMI clinical threshold for obesity.